Saturday, April 9, 2011

Essie Pink Parka & Zoya Caitlin

Hello Hello!


Up first is Pink Parka from Essie’s Fall 2009 Collection.
Now while I own a few “hot pinks” this one is definitely my favorite.
Application wasn’t too bad, not really too streaky. I really don’t have much to say, so let the pictures speak for themselves :)

Inside


Outside

Base - Sally Hansen Miracle Cure
Color - 2 Coats Essie Pink Parka
Top Coat - Essie Good to Go

Next up is Zoya’s Caitlin. This is my first from this brand and I must say I am impressed. It’s a really gorgeous grayish grape. Application was a breeze, although the brush does take a little getting used to. It’s thinner than OPI’s, somewhat similar to Essie’s but at the same time, totally different . . . Actually, I figured it out - The bristles aren’t as long as Essie’s so this causes the brush to be slightly harder to move, they don’t brush back and forth as easily.

Anyway, for a color so pretty, I can definitely get over a slight brush issue :)


Base – Orly Bonder
Color - 2 Coats Zoya Caitlin
Top Coat – Orly Won’t Chip

Did I mention I purchased a new base and top coat.  I was chipping like crazy so I decided to give Bonder a go, and give up all hopes of ever repairing my peeling nails with Miracle Cure, and for the heck of it, I picked up the top coat because it said no chip!

I’m not 100% sure of how I feel about them, probably because it might be too soon to tell. :)  My color has only been on for a day, and I do think I see some minor chipping, but maybe it’s just some tip wear. . . We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York, United States
Stay at home mommy to identical twin girls!